Energy Capital Ventures is the first and only venture fund focusing on the ESG imperatives and the digital transformation of the natural gas industry. By investing in category-defining leaders, we bring the latest innovations and technological advancement to future-proof the natural gas industry.
We are investing in companies and technologies advancing carbon-cutting priorities to make natural gas even more sustainable.
We invest in companies moving the natural gas industry forward by applying new technologies and innovations for a safer and more efficient enterprise.
Natural gas is the cleanest and most readily available source of energy in the United States today. So much so, that the recent reduction of carbon emissions in the U.S. is primarily attributed to the country’s shift from coal to natural gas. Improving efficency and reducing costs even more will positively impact the standard of living for the growing number of Americans and businesses using gas as their source of clean energy.
Our experienced team is comprised of top decile performing venture capitalists. Together, we have over 30+ combined years of experience in venture capital and 70+ combined years of leading utility investment banking experience.
• Managing Partner, Lightbank VC
• Head USAA Ventures/ Corp Dev
- Strategy/ Transformation Lead
- General Counsel
• Director, Munich Re Ventures
• Boards: Axio, EnergyCX, ID.me, Paladin Cyber, Extend
• Head of Midwest Investment Banking, JP Morgan
• MD, Morgan Stanley, Power & Utilities•Sr Advisor, Guggenheim Securities
• Boards: NorthWestern Energy, LendingPoint, Navigant Consulting
• MD, Ramirez
• VP, JP Morgan Chase
• VP, Banc of America Securities
• Board Member Advisory Council, ISEN (Institute of Sustainability and Energy at Northwestern University)
• Partner, IA Capital
• MD, Ramirez
• MD, Credit Suisse
• Hispanic diversity initiatives and Hispanic market specialist
• Boards: Omnidian, Authentic4D, Axio (observer), Tomorrow Ideas, Integriant
• Associate, New Stack Ventures, George Shultz Innovation Fund
• Principal, Senior Energy Engineer, Energy Resource Center (ERC)
• MBA University of Chicago (Booth)
• MS Mechanical Engineering, B.Sc. Automotive Engineering, Politecnico diTorino
• MS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago
• Boards: Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
We’ve led investments in category defining multi billions dollar start ups that have changed the way the world works.
Former Managing Director, Utilities Department, Salomon Smith Barney (Citigroup)
• Former President, International Gas Union
• Board Member, National Fuel Gas Company
• CEO, Bohr Quantum Technologies
• Former Managing Director, JP Morgan
• Advisor, ClearPath
• Former Chairman & Managing Partner, Frontenac
• Board of Trustees, University of Chicago
• Former Head of Corporate Strategy and Chief Innovation Officer, Exelon
• Former Co-Founder, Exelon Foundation’s Climate Change Investment Initiative
• Former Senior Partner/ Managing Director, Boston Consulting Group
• Former Commissioner, Public Service Commission of Wisconsin
• Former State of Wisconsin - Secretary, Department of Administration, State Representative, Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader
• President of Huebsch Consulting Group LLC.
• Vice President, MacLean-Fogg
• Boards: Director, MacLean-Fogg, Trustee/Executive, Field Museum of Chicago
• Managing Partner, CCE Advisory & CCE Investments
• Former VP, Finance & Treasurer, American Water Works
• Former Treasurer, CFO, NV Energy
• Chair LNG NARUC/DOE partnership
• Chairman of the Board of Directors, California African American Chamber of Commerce
• Former California PUC, Director, Energy Imbalance Market
• Managing Director/ Global Energy Practice Leader, Guidehouse (formerly Navigant Consulting)
• Former Senior Executive, Accenture Utilities Management Consulting